Our comprehensive two-day Sea Kayaking Skills Course gives you the foundation skills to handle a sea kayak competently. It covers the skills required to allow you to safely enjoy your sea kayaking adventure.
What you’ll learn:
- Assist others to re-enter their kayak
- Paddle strokes including; power, sweep, draw, rudders and support
- How to set up your kayak, what you need, and how to use it
- Beach launching and landing
- Kayak support strokes
- Steering with your paddle and rudder
- Edging or railing your kayak to gain better control
- Packing a kayak
- Navigation and weather skills
- Risk management
- Clothing and equipment
- Transporting kayaks
- Simple tow systems
This course is an approved course to cover the requirements to join the Yakity Yak Kayak Club and with the club, you can continue to “Grab Life By the Paddle”
Sign up now to secure your place on an adventure of a lifetime.
Join the Yakity Yak Kayak Club and get an in-store credit when enrolling on this course. This unique nationwide club will help you continue to develop your sea kayaking skills and enjoy a whole range of sea kayaking trips with other like minded people.
Check out the club at yakityyak.co.nz
Please ask us about child and couple/family/group pricing.
Phone (07) 378 1002
OutdoorsMark is a national outdoor safety audit
programme designed by the New Zealand outdoors
community for the New Zealand outdoors community.