- Integral stainless steel O-ring at one end to fit a rescue PFD harness (requires safety quick release).
- 25mm tubular tape webbing with an elasticated core, 5kN breaking strength.
- 75cm extended length.
- High visibility colour.
- Bartack stitched.
- Neoprene grip reduces karabiner slip.
- Comes with a kayak karabiner with a wire gate and extra large opening. Rated karabiner (22kN), (supplier may vary).
A cowtail can be used:
• as a towline to get an exhausted swimmer back to safety quickly
• as a connecting point to your own chest harness in a pin situation
• as an anchor point for a pulley and much more
Important safety notice: Using a cowtail for gear recovery from your kayak can be extremely risky! Attempt this only if you have practiced that before and be aware of the high forces on your body and the cowtail/PFD harness system when attached to a kayak full of water! We do not recommend cowtail use for gear recovery!