Please note: Not all books are kept in stock, delivery will be approx 3 weeks if not in stock. Enquire here
By John Robison. Paperback, landscape, 186mm x 233mm, 234 pages, black & white drawings.
Are you a visual learner? Short on time? Do you like a little entertainment with your instruction? Then Sea Kayaking Illustrated is for you. It combines concise, easy-to-understand instruction with lively, information-packed, often hilarious illustrations to show you how to improve your kayaking skills.
Developed by a certified instructor, this complete program in seakayaking takes you on a visual tour of everything this accessible sport has to offer.
- Paddling in wind and waves – in other words, sea kayaking.
- Gear – every kayaker's favourite topic.
- Rescue techniques – if you haven't flipped yet, just wait.
- Carrying kayaks – learn the intricacies of ropes, straps and racks.
- Surf's up – tips for wave dodgers and seasoned shredders.
- River touring – no salt water needed.
- Kayak camping – how to Leave No Trace in style.
- Coping with critters – from sea lions to sharks.
And much more – yes, there really is much more.